The relationship between gambling and domestic violence against women
CQUniversity is conducting a study into the relationship between gambling and domestic violence (DV) against women – including physical, sexual, emotional and financial abuse. It aims to improve DV support and gambling help services for women.
We invite people with any of the experiences below to participate in confidential interviews. Participants will be compensated with a $40 shopping voucher:
- Women affected by DV linked to their own or a male partner’s gambling, or who use gambling venues as a “safe space” to escape from DV.
- Women affected by financial abuse linked to a male partner’s gambling.
- Men who have engaged in a behaviour change program for controlling or violent behaviours towards a female partner, and where gambling was an issue for either of them.
To find out more and register your participation please contact CQUniversity via:
- The project website: www.cqustudy.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The study is funded by Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS). Ethics approval numbers: CQUniversity (0000020852), Relationships Australia NSW (111217_4), and UnitingCare Queensland (approval no. 22618).